Saturday, April 2, 2011

China: Tech Shift

A couple of years ago when I lived in Beijing, we used to go to this electronic product "market" to buy slightly under-priced personal electronic accessories, and CD players and later, MD players, mostly imported legally or illegally from Japan, were the most popular. This year I'm back at Beijing again, and wanted to buy a special battery for my portable CD player(although I do use ipod), only to discover that they're not available anywhere. And for that matter, portable CD players are very rarely seen sold anywhere. The market is filled with authentic and fake mp3 players and ipods and ipads. "who wants CD players when you can have something so much lighter?" wow.

But I still prefer the sound quality of a CD player. There is something to it that I still want to hold on to it a little longer.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger