Sunday, April 25, 2010

Do dreams mean?

Dreaming is a big part of my life---although lucid dreaming is hardly possible for me so far. Yesterday I dreamed i was bathing, a rather uncommon theme in my dream. Then I realized why ancient Chinese people trying to use dreams to predict the future luck---it's all about chances. Most dreams if we do remember, are insignificant---just a reflection of your daily or remote (but deep) experiences. But dreams with a low frequency of appearing is precious. What does that mean then? what is the significance of this uncommon happening? There you go.

I sometimes think that Chinese philosophy has a different way of seeing things. Fengshui is one thing. When one is stuck in some state of mind, rather like "possessed" sometimes than some more scientific terms, but it's kind of cool to think of it in terms of being possessed and fengshui and all that. Sometimes people simply cannot control themselves even on their own behavior, thus came the idea of being controlled temporarily by someone else, some mystical power. It's true that we sometimes don't understand why we cannot control even our own behavior even though we think we can.

It happened to turn out that dreaming of bathing is a very good sign, meaning either healthy or lucky/happy, so I'm glad about it and rather believe it.:)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger